Barbecue Beef Brisket Sandwiches
This is one amazing beef brisket recipe! Your family is sure to love these Slow-Roasted Barbecue Beef Brisket Sandwiches.
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 to 10 kaiser buns
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce in a large bowl and mix thoroughly, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for dry rub in a bowl. Season the brisket thoroughly on both sides with the dry rub. Heat the olive oil in a large roasting pan over medium heat on the stove. Add the brisket to the pan and sear, turning once, until evenly browned on both sides (approximately 3 minutes on each side). Then, remove the roasting pan from heat.
- Whisk together the barbecue sauce with the beef broth in a large bowl. Pour the mixture over the brisket, ensuring to coat the entire brisket, and cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place in oven and roast for 2 ½ hours.
- After the first 2 ½ hours, remove from oven and turn the meat over. Spoon the pan drippings over the brisket, and then cover again. Place back in oven and continue cooking for an additional 2 ½ hours, or until very tender.
- Remove from oven. Let stand for 20-30 minutes before carving. Either slice the meat across the grain, or pull the brisket apart into pieces using two forks.
- Add the brisket onto the kaiser rolls, and ladle juices from pan on top of brisket.
- Enjoy this delicious Barbecue Beef Brisket Sandwich recipe!
Feel free to add toppings to these Barbecue Beef Brisket Sandwiches such as hot peppers, lettuce, pickles, etc.
Total time: 5-6 hours