Easy Creme Brulee
This classic creme brulee dessert never gets old. Very easy recipe to make, yet always a crowd pleaser. Best if made using a quality culinary torch.
- 6 glass ramekins
- 8 large eggs, yolks only
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of white sugar (for caramelized topping)
- Choice fruit for garnish (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar thoroughly.
- Afterwards, add heavy cream and vanilla extract and whisk until well blended.
- Evenly pour mixture into each ramekin.
- Place ramekins in water bath (water-filled pan), and bake in oven until set around edges, but still soft in middle (approximately 45-60 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let stand until cooled.
- Take cups from water bath and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to serve, evenly sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of sugar on top of each custard. Use your hand-held culinary torch to melt sugar topping until lightly browned.
- Re-chill custards in refrigerator for a few minutes. Then, serve and enjoy this Easy Creme Brulee recipe!