The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe
Everyone loves cheesecake, so why not try your hand at making this famous dessert! This is the best homemade cheesecake recipe you will ever taste, and it’s very easy to make. Follow these simple instructions and you can’t go wrong.
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
What you will need:
- 9 inch springform pan
- Hand mixer
- To start, lightly spray vegetable oil on the bottom and sides of the inside of the springform pan.
- To make the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl, and mix together until it becomes like a paste. Then evenly spread graham cracker crust along the bottom of the pan, and approximately 2 1/2 inches up the sides. Set pan aside.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Fill a large pan halfway with water. Place pan on bottom rack in oven. This will create a hot steam bath for the cheesecake to cook in, helping to keep the cake from cracking.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese and remaining 1 cup of sugar in a large bowl. Use the hand mixer to blend the cream cheese and sugar until even and smooth.
- Next, add the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well.
- One at a time, add eggs to mixture and beat on low speed until well blended. Tip: Avoid overbeating the mixture!
- Pour mixture into crust, and bake in oven for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour. Do not open oven throughout the cooking process. The cheesecake must cook at an even temperature, and opening the oven door will disrupt the process. Note: Cake is ready when center is almost set, yet still wobbly. (While cake is cooking, use this time to make the Strawberry Glaze)
- When cake is done, turn off oven. Do not remove cake from oven! Instead, open oven door slightly, and allow cake to cool down while in oven for up to 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool completely. Once at room temperature, place cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, loosen cheesecake from rim of pan, then remove pan.
- Top the Perfect Cheesecake recipe with the Homemade Strawberry Glaze and enjoy!
Notes / Suggestions
Keep leftover cheesecake in refrigerator. I highly recommend topping this homemade cheesecake recipe with our homemade Strawberry Glaze (as pictured above), or feel free to use your own choice of topping. Alternatively, you could try my homemade Raspberry Glaze. On the other hand, this cheesecake recipe is also good without any topping at all!
Also, if you would rather not make your own graham cracker crust, I recommend using Keebler Ready Crust as an alternative.
Total Time (duration): Approximately 1 1/2 hours