Sweet Glazed Meatloaf
This meatloaf recipe features a sweet, tangy glaze and melted mozzarella filling. This Sweet Glazed Meatloaf recipe is easier to make than it looks and is sure to be enjoyed by even the pickiest eaters in the house!
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup of flavored bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, milk, eggs, onion, garlic, crackers, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Lightly oil bottom of loaf pan (or baking pan). Take beef mixture and shape into a loaf in pan. After shaping loaf, take your finger and make indent down the length of the meat, about half way through. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese inside this opening, then pull back meat to cover cheese.
Coat meat entirely with ketchup and brown sugar glaze.
Bake in oven for 1 hour or until cooked through. Enjoy this Sweet Glazed Meatloaf recipe!