Tender Roast Beef Recipe
This is a very tender and juicy roast beef recipe. The cooking process for this Tender Roast Beef recipe is basic and simple for anyone to follow, yet the results are very pleasing.
- 3 – 3 1/2 pounds of choice Beef Eye of Round Roast
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Garlic Powder
For the Gravy:
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Corn starch
- Drippings from beef
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, place beef on rack inside a shallow roasting pan.
- Thoroughly rub olive oil over entire beef. Then, evenly sprinkly salt, pepper, and garlic powder over entire beef.
- Place beef in oven, and allow to cook for 30 minutes at the preheated oven temperature. After 30 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees F and allow to cook for additional 2 hours. (For best results, keep a meat thermometer inside beef while cooking. Roast beef is done once internal temperature reaches 150-160 degrees F, depending on your preference)
- Once optimal temperature is reached, remove roast beef from oven and set aside for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, preheat saucepan on medium-high heat. Add drippings from pan and beef stock (additional salt and pepper is optional).
- Whisk 1 teaspoon corn starch with 3 teaspoons of water in separate bowl. Then add mixture into sauce pan while stirring continuously until consistency begins to thicken to a sauce. Allow to cook for up to 6-8 minutes.
- Finally, carve the Tender Roast Beef. Place slices on serving dish and cover with gravy. Then enjoy!
Notes / Suggestions
For this Tender Roast Beef recipe, Bbeef must be at room temperature prior to cooking. Be sure to remove beef from refrigerator 1-2 hours before cooking (keep wrapped).
Total Time (duration): Approx 2 1/2 – 3 hours
Number of Servings: 4