Pasta with Asparagus, Avocado, and Peas
Talk about a recipe full of greens! This Pasta with Asparagus, Avocado, and Peas dish is light, flavorful, and healthy! Enjoy this vegetable-filled pasta recipe with a glass of Chardonnay.
- 1 pound of penne pasta
- 1 pound of asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook penne as directed on box. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Toss and cook asparagus until crisp and tender.
- Then, add minced garlic, peas, chicken stock, basil, parsley, and the additional 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked penne, avocados, and grated cheese and toss while still cooking for about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove from heat and serve the Pasta with Asparagus, Avocado, and Peas!