Homemade Pesto Sauce Recipe
Pesto is a classic Italian flavoring. This homemade pesto recipe features flavors of fresh basil, pine nuts, and garlic. Perfect when combined with pasta or chicken.
- 2 bunches of fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
What you need:
- Food processor
- Combine the basil leaves and pine nuts in the food processor and pulse a few times. Add the garlic, then pulse a few more times.
- Slowly pour the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on, occasionally stopping to scrape down the excess from the sides with a spatula.
- Next, add the grated cheese, salt, and black pepper and pulse again until completely blended.
Notes / Suggestions
Try this Homemade Pesto sauce with our Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken recipe.
Total Time (duration): 10 minutes