Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Try this delicious Italian flavored beef and rice stuffed peppers recipe. It’s very easy to make and sure to be a family favorite!
- 1 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cups cooked instant white rice
- 4-6 bell peppers (green or assorted)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent. Then add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Next, add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook beef until browned.
- After beef has been browned, add tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for an addional 2-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard tops of peppers. Then cut out inside seeds and membranes and discard. Place on cooking sheet sitting up.
- After beef has finished cooking, combine with cooked rice in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Spoon the beef and rice mixture into each pepper until it nearly spills over.
- Bake for 50 minutes hour in preheated oven. Then, top stuffed pepper with shredded mozzarella and continue to bake for an additonal 10 minutes (totalling 1 hour of baking).
- Afterwards, remove from oven and enjoy these delicious Stuffed Peppers!
Total time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
Notes / Suggestions
These Stuffed Peppers go great alongside a glass of red wine.