Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms
You’ll think you’re dining out at a fancy restaurant with this Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms recipe. This chicken dish features a flavorful combination of mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic with a white wine sauce served over chicken breast.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper, and add to pan. Cook chicken for up to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- When chicken is done cooking, remove from pan and place them on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic to pan. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes or until onion is softened and translucent.
- Then add mushrooms and sliced sun-dried tomatoes to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Next, add in chicken broth, white wine, and chopped parsley. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Finally, remove aluminum foil from dover top of chicken. Spoon the mushroom and sun-dried tomato sauce over top of the entire plate of chicken, and serve!
Notes / Suggestions
Enjoy this Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushroom recipe with a glass of white wine.
Total Time (duration): 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4