Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe
This is a very simple Homemade Caesar Dressing recipe to make, and a healthier alternative than most Caesar dressing recipes that use mayonnaise.
- 3 large eggs
- 8 flat filets of anchovies
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers (chopped and crushed)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs to the water and cook for only 40-50 seconds. Then remove from heat and allow to cool. This is referred to as “coddling the egg.”
- Meanwhile, place anchovy filets on cutting board and mince into small pieces.
- Then in a small mixing bowl, combine minced anchovies with Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, crushed capers and garlic, black pepper, and salt. Whisk thoroughly.
- Crack eggs and add to mixture. Whisk again.
- Next, slowly and steadily pour olive oil into mixture while continuously whisking. This will help keep the dressing smooth without the oil separating from the mixture.
- Finally, place Homemade Caesar Dressing in refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes, or until serving.
Notes / Suggestions
“Coddling the egg” will thicken the Homemade Caesar Dressing, and help it to become smoother.
Total Time (minutes): 15 minutes