Sloppy Joe Sandwich
Looking for a quick and easy sandwich to make for your family tonight? Then try this delicious homemade recipe of the American favorite Sloppy Joe Sandwich!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, choppped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Hamburger buns
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic, ground beef, and peppers. Cook until ground beef is browned, and peppers are softened.
- Meanwhile, mix together ketchup, diced tomatoes, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Once ground beef is browned, drain liquid from pan and stir mixture into skillet. Be sure to mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for up to 3o minutes.
- Finally, spoon mixture onto hamburger buns and enjoy the Sloppy Joe Sandwich!
Notes / Suggestions
You may also enjoy these Sloppy Joes on a long hoagie roll.
Total Time (duration): 45 minutes