Chicken with Mango Salsa and Avocados
This Chicken with Mango Salsa and Avocados recipe is bursting with fresh flavors! Plus, it is a very healthy chicken recipe to make for dinner. Enjoy with a glass of white wine or your favorite tropical cocktail.
- 4 boneless, skinless, thin sliced chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, separated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, steemed, seeded, and minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large mango, seeded and skin removed, cut into small cubes
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat vegetable oil in a nonstick saute pan over medium high heat.
Add minced garlic to pan and allow to cook until lightly browned. Season chicken with salt and black pepper to taste, and cook in pan about 3 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Meanwhile, add another teaspoon of vegetable oil to saute pan and allow to get hot on medium-high heat. Add onion and season with salt and black pepper. Cook about 4-6 minutes until almost tender, stirring occasionally. Then add the jalapeno, tomatoes, and mango. Cook until heated through while stirring occasionally, approximately 3-5 minutes.
Finally, add the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro. Remove from heat spoon salsa over chicken on serving dish. Garnish with avocado slices on top and additinal lime wedges if desired. Then enjoy this delicious Chicken with Mango Salsa and Avocados recipe!