Spaghetti with Shrimp and Capers
This pasta recipe is an instant favorite! Enjoy this Spaghetti with Shrimp and Capers recipe with a glass of the fine white wine used to cook the recipe.
- 1 pound of thin spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons of capers, well rinsed
- 3 cans of 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup of fine quality olive oil
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook spaghetti in pot as instructed on box.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté oil, onion, and garlic on medium-low heat until onion is translucent.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook until meat turns opaque, approximately 4-5 minutes. Season with salt a black pepper.
- Then, raise heat to high and add white wine. Bring to boil.
- Stir diced tomatoes, capers, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10-12 minutes. Taste and season as you see fit with salt and black pepper.
- Before serving, add fresh basil and parsley.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in spaghetti and serve the Spaghetti with Shimp and Capers.