Chicken Piccata Recipe
This is my delicious version of the famous Italian Chicken Piccata. Very easy, very juicy, very lemony, and very good! Enjoy this Chicken Piccata recipe with a glass of dry white wine!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, thin sliced
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- 1/3 cup capers, rinsed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper, and then dredge in flour.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. Once the butter and oil start to sizzle, add two pieces of chicken to the skillet.
- Cook both sides of the chicken for up to 3 minutes until each side is browned. Then remove chicken from heat and place on a plate.
- Add two more tablespoons of olive oil and butter to skillet. Allow to sizzle again, then add the next two pieces of chicken. Cook both sides of chicken for up to 3 minutes until each side is browned. Then remove chicken from heat and place on the plate with the other two pieces of chicken.
- Next, add the chicken stock, lemon juice, capers, 4 thin slices of lemon, and the final tablespoon of butter to the pan. Bring to boil.
- Return all of the chicken to the skillet and allow to simmer for up to 5 more minutes, spooning the liquid over the chicken throughout.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on a serving platter. Pour juices from pan over chicken, then garnish with parsley and remaining lemon slices. Then, enjoy your Chicken Piccata recipe!
Notes / Suggestions
If using thicker chicken breasts for this Chicken Piccata recipe, butterfly the chicken by cutting it in half and use as two pieces.
Total Time (duration): 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4