Orange Nut Biscotti
Oh, so good. Sweet, citrus flavor with a mild, nutty undertone. Enjoy the Orange Nut Biscotti this recipe yields with a cup of coffee or tea, or even a glass of milk.
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar (white)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Almonds (rough chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet (grease and flour) or line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl beat eggs. To the eggs add the oil, extract and orange zest.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients’ bowl, fill the well with the wet and ingredients and gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet. The batter will be very sticky.
- Split the dough into two equal halves. Form each half into a log approximately 7” to 8” long, place on baking sheet and flatten to approximately ¾” thick.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes. The outside should be slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Using a serrated knife cut the loaves on a diagonal approximately in ½” thick pieces. Return slices to baking sheet, laying them flat on their side and bake for *15 minutes turning them over once after approximately 7 minutes.
Note – For a dryer, crunchier Orange Nut Biscotti: After cutting slices on a diagonal reduce the oven temperature to 300 and cook for 30 minutes.