Grilled Lime Chicken and Avocado Wraps
Fire up the grill! This Grilled Lime Chicken and Avocado Wraps recipe with a kick of lime is an absolute summer favorite, and very easy to make!
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken tenderloins
- 1 package of flatbread
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive tapenade
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 3/4 cup of lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter, olive oil, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme. Mix thoroughly, and then add chicken. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for up to 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to high.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine avocado, onion, olive tapenade, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix thoroughly into a paste. Add tomatoes to paste and mix gently.
- Halve the flatbreads, and evenly spread avocado paste over the inside of flatbread.
- Sprinkle lettuce oven paste in flatbread. Set flatbreads aside.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and fully cook on grill.
- When chicken is finished cooking, remove from grill and place chicken tenderloin in each wrap.
- Top the chicken with shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Fold over flat bread, and place on grill. Lightly grill each side for approximately 1-2 minutes. Then serve the Grilled Lime Chicken and Avocado Wraps!